Speak the best of others (Barnabas & Saul)

(Bahasa Indonesia..in progress)

In English:


Worship Songs: Laptop, Projector, Presentation Slide
30 mins How Great is our God

God has a plan for me

What a friend we have in Jesus

Lord I offer my life


Hook “For the longest time” Childhood photos, Slide
5 mins Can you name a friend that you know for a long time?
How long?
Kakak tells a story about her friend she knew from primary school till now can be together even doing business together. Now our kids play together. It's a blessing that God gave a close friend.



Today let's find out a man in the Bible who found a friend and how to be a good friend.



But.. the friend he found is unique: many people did not like that guy

Would you give him a chance? Would you chose to talk with a "public enemy"?


Book Speak the best of others Presentation Slide : Link
15 Mins Act 8:3;9:1-31

- R(read) 8:3 What kind of person is Saul?

- R 9:1,2 Find out Saul's next step (Slide)

- 9:3-9 What happened to Saul (Slide)

- God "befriend" with Saul and changed his life. God gives chance. (Tuhan baik, KasihNya besar)

- R 9:10-18 God helped Saul through Judas, Ananias

- Saul definitely different now, instead of arresting followers of Jesus, Saul began preaching about Jesus

- What is the reaction of people:

At Damascus Read v.21: Confused

Jewish v. 23-25

At Jerusalem v. 26: Suspicious, scared

- v.27 God helped Saul through Barnabas : Barnabas learned of Saul's new relationship with Jesus and chose to befriend Saul

- Because of what Barnabas said and did, they accepted and trusted Saul.

- v.31 After this event, the Church grew and became stronger.

- Saul and Barnabas became good friends and traveled to many cities, spreading good news about Jesus

- Saul or Paul, later helped many other people come to believe in Jesus. And us to, through the most letters in the New Testament
Look Candy cups game: Matching challenging situation and bible advice Paper cup, bible verse (with double tape behind), candy wraps
10 mins 1. An unpopular kid wants to borrow my books. Shall I say I don't have it right now?

2. I know my friend is right. But others don't think so. Shall I follow with the majority?

3. I know my friend's secret. If I told my class, it will be sensational!

4. This good news is only mine to enjoy

5. I am better than him. Should I tell everybody his weakness?

6. How many time should I say this? Why is he asked all the time?

7. I don't like him/her being close to my friend. Let's say something bad about him/her

8. I don't like to be corrected.

Answer:

1. Proverbs 3:28 Do not say to your neighbor, "Come back tomorrow and I'll give it to you"-- when you already have it with you.

2. Proverbs 4:24 Keep your mouth free of perversity; keep corrupt talk far from your lips.

3. Proverbs 11:13 A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy person keeps a secret.

4. Proverbs 15:30 Light in a messenger's eyes brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones.

5. Proverbs 14:3

A fool's mouth lashes out with pride, but the lips of the wise protect them.

6. Proverbs 15:1 A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger

7. Proverbs 15:18 A hot-tempered person stirs up conflict, but the one who is patient calms a quarrel.

8. Proverbs 15:31 Whoever heeds life-giving correction will be at home among the wise
Offering Lord I offer my life
Memory Verse Proverbs 4:24
5 mins

Took Say something sweet
5 mins Make a candy wrapper for a friend
Silently pray : Plan ways of speaking that will build friendship in the coming week
God will help you speak in good ways. Remember to ask for His help each day!

Comments

Popular Posts